Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Gifts and talents

Jesus gives each one of us spiritual gifts and talents. The more you press into Him the more you discover and learn about them as He reveals himself. Our spiritual gifts and talents are given to us to be used to glorify God. It may be frightening if you find out you have the gift of tongues or prophecy, but the last thing God wants us to do is hear from Him and keep it to ourselves. When we obey Christ it comes with a boldness and an attitude that shows we care more about what He thinks of us than the world. I have had someone come up to me who received a word of knowledge about me from Jesus. It was the coolest thing hearing what Jesus thought about me and they revealed that to this person! I couldn't stop thinking about it and thanking God because it was so special. I'm sure it took a LOT of courage and boldness for this person to come up to me because she didn't even know me. She was risking if I would think she was crazy or not, but ya know what she didn't care if I thought that, she cared what Jesus thought, and He wanted her to come speak to me. And was I glad she did, at the time I needed desperately to hear from Him. Jesus likes to talk in parables and one of His parables is about us taking what He gives us and giving and sharing and USING all for his glory!!! It upsets him when we have a gift and were hiding it, because of fear. If this is you I don't want you to feel guilty, I want to challenge you to really listen for Him this week and USE what he is giving you, whatever that may be.

Matthew 25:14
Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them. To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. The man who had received the five talents went at once and put his money to work and gained five more. So also, the one with two talents gained two more. But the man who received one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his money. After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. The man who had received the five talents brought the other five, 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.' "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in change of many things. Come and share your master's happiness! "The man with the two talents also came. 'Master,' he said, 'you have entrusted me with two talents; see, I have gained two more.' "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' Then the man who had received the one talent came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. So I was afraid and went out and hid your talents in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.' His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest. "'Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has ten talents. For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

This verse is symbolizing Jesus leaving for a long time and what are we gonna do when he is gone? Are we gonna take what he gives us and use it for his glory to be multiplied or bury it in ourselves not to be used? Really everything thing we have is God's our money, talents, gifts, we are not owners, but caretakers. He wants us to take what He has given us and obey Him willingly. I don't know about you, but I want to step out in faith and do what He asks of me. It makes Him happy and who doesn't want to see that! :) I want to live different today than yesterday as the fruit of the Spirit and my gifts grow more in me and Christ is magnified. 

prayer:
Lord, thank you for everything that you have given to me and let me be care-giver of. Show me what you want me to do with what you've given me. Let my gifts never go wasted, and let me be the vessel for you Jesus. I want to be your good and faithful servant. In your name we pray.
Amen.


1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that I've never thought about burying the gifts God gives inside me. That makes perfect sense though.

    ReplyDelete