Monday, May 4, 2015

YOKE

Some days do you feel like you have a lot of energy ready to take the day. Worry-free and full of joy!! That is awesome!! Other days do you feel so burdened, in a dark place and just worn out! We don't want that. When you step back and reflect on different days, you can find out what determines the load we carry for that day. Do we carry a load of sin, bitterness, or a hardened heart. Or do we carry a light load one that shows joy and peace. Some people let their yesterday define today, but you don't have to do that. If you have been exhausted with life and its circumstances, lets change that today!!! Lets kick the enemy to the curb and team up with Jesus, so when we run into hard situations Jesus is there to take the load for us. In the bible Jesus says, "my yoke is easy and my burden is light." I've heard this verse a ton of times but didn't know what a yoke was. Egg yoke? haha NO! A yoke is a wooden crossbar linking two load pulling animals together.


That is what a yoke looks like, were not talking about an egg yolk here folks lol. And these animals usually are pulling a wagon or load of some sort. In the bible it mentions yoke several times and I want to show the context of 2 of these verses.

Matthew 11:29
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Jesus is saying here that if you are worn out and struggling come to Him. He will give us the rest we need to be sustained. He wants us to take his yoke upon us so picture yourself linked with Jesus in the picture above. How cool is that, when we are yoked with Jesus he carries our burdens. We don't have to get worn out so easy and fast with our life circumstances if we are connected with Jesus. Another time is talks about a yoke is in Galatians.

Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by the yoke of slavery.

When we are burdened by the yoke of slavery the person attached to us is not Jesus but the enemy. He hangs right on and drags us down making every day drudging and a big burden. When you command the enemy to leave and invite Jesus it can transform your life. I know situations that I could let overwhelm me and wear me down, but when I have Jesus right there he wants to take my burdens from me so I can have a stress free, light load. It takes faith, but letting go of your load with be a weight lifted off you! Just think about that this week, talk to God let him know what burdens you and that you want to be teamed up with Him so he can lead you on the way!

prayer:
Thank you that you take my burden and make it light! Help me cling to you so I can be yoked with you and go where you want me to. I trust you with my life, let the faith I have bring others to you so they can be yoked with you too!
Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment