Friday, August 28, 2015

praying scripture

I love it when God brings me to a verse and I find myself praying it! It is a powerful thing. A lot of times we don't know what to pray. You can look in the bible and actually find scripture that can help you pray.

Psalm 119 you can read the whole chapter as a prayer if you want. I read through it and underlined what spoke to me in a powerful way. Then I went back in my journal and wrote what I had underlined into a prayer

example:
 Direct me in the path of your command for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statues and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things...I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts..Your word O Lord is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations... save me for I am yours...Uphold me and I will be delivered...I am your servant, give me discernment that I may understand your statues.... May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees, may my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous. May your hand be ready t help me, for I have chosen your precepts...Let me live that I may praise you!


You can also take verses that say us and plug in me to make it a personal prayer. This does not mean that you can change scripture. Scripture can have many applications, but only one interpretation. It is adjusting the us to me so that the application of the passage is personal to your prayer to God.

Hebrews 10:22-25
example:
 Let me draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having my heart sprinkled to cleanse me for a guilty conscience and having my body washed with a pure heart. Let me hold unswervingly to the hope I profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let me consider how I may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let me not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let me encourage on another-and all the more as you see the Day approaching.


Just thought I would share a couple that I like to pray lately. Share verses that you like to pray!


prayer:
Lord, your word is so powerful. Show me scriptures that I can pray to you! Direct my reading in the bible to what I need to hear in that moment.
Amen.


1 comment:

  1. Romans 15:13...prayer..."May the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace as I trust in you, so that I overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit". God showed me this prayer Kayla when you were 5. I've been praying it for awhile:)

    ReplyDelete