Saturday, January 24, 2015

Freedom

Aloha :)

We've all been hurt. Sometimes it's people that we love dearly and sometimes it's someone we've never met. When people lash out and act a certain way it's usually their problem and not yours. A lot of times were just the target of people's own issues. I've had people in my life who pretended like the didn't even love me anymore and really hurt me. It's hard to chose God's love, and even harder to chose Gods forgiveness. Some people will never say their sorry. Our job is to be right with God and to do that, you need to forgive that person regulardless of if they apologize.

Matthew 6:14-15
"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men of their sins, your father will not forgive your sins."

No matter what we do God is gracious and good, always forgiving when we repent. I've heard, "Well I'm not God, I just can't forgive them they've hurt me to bad I won't forgive them. That's true your not God, but Holy  Spirit is living inside of you. When he left this earth after being raised from the dead he said it's better that I leave.

John 16:7
But I tell you the truth:It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. (The Holy Spirit is our counselor)

You can't forgive them without Jesus. But since His physical body left the physical earth how are people gonna see Jesus. The only way is through you and through your actions with the Holy Spirit directing you. If you've recieved Christ, his gracious love is in you so you gotta show other what it looks like. How cool though your a vessel of Jesus to the world.

In Matthew 18:21 is the parable of the unmerciful servant. Peter asks Jesus how many times should I forgive my brother when he sins against me, 7? Jesus said seventy times 7, meaning endless. If you read Matthew 18:21-35 Jesus tells a story as a great example.

I love this next verse from Ephesians.

Ephesians 4:31; 5:1
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with ever form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Be imitators of God!

Some people define freedom as being able to do whatever they want. They think Christians are far from freedom, but I find freedom in the joy of Jesus and in forgiveness. Holding a grudge binds us up and makes us far from freedom. You will be surprised at how freeing it is when the people who hurt you no longer have a hold on you because you've given it up to God and forgiven them, just like the Father forgives us.


prayer:
Lord, thank you for always forgiving us no matter how far we turn away. Help us to be like you and forgive others, even when they don't deserve it. After all the wages of our sin is death, but you died so we could have eternal life.
Amen


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this amazing reminder Kayla. I love you and am so glad we have Jesus to show us and teach us of forgiveness. We can only forgive because he has forgiven us! And now we can declare that forgiveness to others, amen!

    ReplyDelete