Thursday, January 22, 2015

Frozen Pipes

hi again :)

So a couple weeks ago it was -6 outside. I am so grateful to have a warm home and warm shower. Although we had heat our house wasn't staying any warmer than 63 degrees, which isn't two bad, but when you got 2 babies they gotta stay warm! :) The service guy came and we were thinking just a little fix, but we were wrong. We needed a whole new furnace. I'm gonna be real here $8,000. Not in the budget... It was one pipe that was messed up, but if we don't get a completely new furnace it would keep destroying that pipe, and our little girls would freeze. While all this was going on God showed me something. Sometimes in life we think were only doing a little bit wrong. We could only use a little fixing. I mean changing our whole mentality would be to much to sacrifice. Right? We had to pay a price to stay warm. Had to sacrafice our finances so we could have efficent heat. Good news is Jesus already paid the ultimate price for us. He covered our sins. But in order to be an efficent disciple, we have to get rid of the bad pipes in our life that mess us up. As sinners we think we may need a small fix, but Jesus died so we could be righteous. 

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin (Jesus) to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 

Jesus took sin and nailed it to the cross. The apple was pulled off the tree and became sin, we ate it. Jesus took all our sin on him. He was the sacrifice or sin offering for us. He took the sin and nailed it to the tree (cross) where it came from. 

1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness;"by hims wounds you have been healed"

Jesus bore our sins! This verse doesn't mean they were his own. They were OUR sins, he just bore them for us so we could be healed and whole.

The only way to strive for righteousness is to get a whole new heart. Be borm again, saved. Just like our new furnace heats our home. Jesus is the furnace of my heart. Inside of me I have the fire of Holy Spirit. You can have it to when you become a new creation in Christ.

Galations2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in body, I live by faith in the Son of God. Who loves me and gave himself for me.

When we except Jesus, and believe in him we are renewed! We become someone completely different. The old has gone the new has come. Jesus can get rid of those bad pipes(areas) in our lives. Surrendering your life to him is the first step.

1 Timothy 1:15-16
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save the sinners of who i am the worst. But for that very reason i was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Chris Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who believe on time and receive eternal life.

You may already be saved, but God may still be cleaning out your pipes (haha ;) ) i know he is still working on me daily to become the woman I am supposed to be in Christ.


prayer: Lord, thank you for sacrificing yourself to cover my sin. I surrender my life to you. I pray that you would reveal to me areas in my life I need to let you do some work! Renew me daily so I can be your disciple to everyone I meet, everywhere I go. You are the ultimate mechanic. Fill me up to overflowing.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment