Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Salon Space

Sooooo I went to cosmetology school in 2011 at Paul Mitchell School in Bloomington, IL. I have always had a passion for hair and cut my moms hair for the first time when I was 8. Crazy right?! Right in the middle of cosmetology school, I found out i was expecting!! It was a curve ball, but the best one ever! In November of 2011, I got married to my high school sweetheart Chris who was currently in the Marines. I graduated school that December, and had our sweet baby Jocelyn in April. Then a year and half later we wanted another baby! We were blessed with Stella Marie in June. I absolutely love being a stay at home mom. For me, its the best job in the world. I still love doing hair, but my priority right now is being at home for my husband and children. God has blessed me though. My dad built an awesome hair salon for me to use as a hobby in their basement. I can cut and style friends and families hair just for the fun it! It was so fun designing this with my dad. It's my dream spot. I'm so blessed to be able to do what I love for a hobby. It wouldn't be possible without my husband working so hard so that I can stay at home and be with the children. I am so grateful for that and love his so much!

                                              The starting point of the salon! No walls yet!

                                                My dad, mom, and myself staining the ceiling!




             My dad built this barn door out of reclaimed wood! One of my favorite parts about my salon and the stone wall is a modern touch to the rustic look of the door.

                                                          Love this big canvas!



                         Miss Stella! (7 months) thats the best picture I have of my awesome chair.
My handsome husband Chris right after his cut!

my first client my 2 year old Jocelyn ( she sat on a stool because my chair wasn't done yet!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you Kayla:) I know your Dad had such a great time helping you design and build your salon space. I can see how blessed your family, friends and new clients will be when they receive the "full salon experience". I love how you dream and go after it! I love watching you and your family grow...physically and spiritually. I say, "more God! pour out more!"
    <3 Momma

    ReplyDelete