Sunday, January 25, 2015

Revealing God's Glory

God's glory can be revealed in the most amazing times in our lives. On the other hand God's glory can truly be revealed in the hardest of situations. Jesus dying on the cross was a grusome time. If it wasn't for that his glory wouldn't have been revealed when he rose from the grave. When I was in Jr. High I suffered from an eating disorder. Satan had a hold on me and I was deceived of many things. I didn't understand why it was happening. My image was just a symbol of me being mislead from how Jesus sees me. I was sent an angel who saved me. She helped me get to the right place spiritually. I am completely healed! It is only by Jesus, and it is nothing short of a miracle.

John 9:1-7
As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him,"Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world." Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes. "Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam." So the man went and washed, and came home seeing. 

This man being healed by Jesus showed many people God's Glory.

John 12:7-10
To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times i pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when i am weak, then I am strong.

This is Paul talking here. He is saying how Satan tormented him. But since in all the weakness Christ's power is made evident Paul will be delightful. What strength! Paul is saying I will be glad in weakness, insults, difficulties. For when I am week, He makes me strong. In all our hardships in life a lot of us see nothing to be grateful for. It is very hard and far from the worlds thoughts, but you can take those hardships and asks God's glory to be revealed through you to the world.

Deuteronomy 31:8
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

The Lord is with you through everything, continually rely on him. Just like Jesus' strength was revealed through the man that couldn't see, Jesus showed how he renews and heals by working through me. What will your story of God's glory in your life be?
Comment below

prayer:
Lord, it isn't easy going through trials, and we don't always understand why or why us. Help us to know your with us ALWAYS, and that your glory is revealed in good times and in hard times. Use us to show others your power and strength.
Amen.


1 comment:

  1. I love you Kayla. You are indestructible when you walk in the Lord. I love how we are growing in God and I love how much you teach me, even when I'm stubborn. You have overcome many obstacles to stand with God the way you do today and I am very proud of you. I lovvve you.

    ReplyDelete