Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Baptism with my husband!!!!

This past Sunday was one of the best days for me and a big milestone in my walk of faith. It was even better that I got to share this act with my husband.

I personally got baptized because I believe that is what Jesus was calling me to do. I got to make this decision as a saved individual. I wanted to be fully submerge because that is how Jesus did it.

Romans 6:4
We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.


This scripture shows that when we are "buried" into the water it symbolizes the death and burial of our past. Coming up out of the water is the resurrection to new life in Christ. This gives us a perspective that our sinful life is buried.  Those desires and temptations are dead and now we have new life in Christ.

Colossians 2:12
...having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For we were baptized by one Spirit into one body-whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free-and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

This verse shares that we are all different and share different hobbies, interests, backgrounds, but God says we have one thing in common and that is our faith in Christ. When we receive Christ we receive the Holy Spirit.

Luke 3:21-22
When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was being baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven:"You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."

Just thought I would show you some scripture references on baptism if it is new to you or you didn't understand the meaning.

Here is the video I made to share with others that couldn't be there, hope this is an encouragement for you to make your next step of faith whatever it may be.




1 comment:

  1. Tears of joy and love overflowing as I watch this video! There is no greater love than Gods love! I can feel His presence now. What a powerful witness! May God to continue to bless you both and lead you in His plan for your lives! Greater things are yet to come! Keep shining His light! Keep pressin' in and going deeper in relationship! Holy Spirit power and presence be present in your home. More God More!!! I love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete