Monday, February 23, 2015

Training Up

God has a special, unique calling for you if you have children. One of your top priorities as a follower of God is to set an example before your children. I have heard the saying the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree and when you look at a child or even an adult you most likely see their parents. It is part of the way God created generations. Our job is to lead our current generation with integrity and obedience to Christ. In 1 Chronicles 22:7-10 David's was obedient to God listening to him and setting up a legacy for his son.

1 Chronicles 22:7-10
David said to Solomon:" My son, I had it in my heart to build a house for the Name of the Lord my God. But this word of the Lord came to me: 'You have shed much blood and fought many wars. You are not to build a house for my Name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in my sight. But you will have a son who will be a man of peace and rest, and I will give him rest from all his enemies on every side. His name will be Solomon, and I will grant Israel peace and quiet during his reign. He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, ad I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

David was listening to God and making preparations for Solomon to carry out the tasks God had for his son. It is our job to listen to God and set up a legacy for our children to follow the request of God and fulfill his purpose in our lives and our children's. Your parents may be leaving you a Godly legacy or they may not at all. You can change the generations to come by stepping up to what God calls you to.

Provers 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old and he will not depart from it.

I believe when showing the way of the Lord for you children, smother them with love and grace, this doesn't mean they don't need discipline, but when we lash out of anger that they aren't following the right ways, they retract. Jesus tells us how to raise our children in this verse.

Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, Do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instructions of the Lord.

All we can do is guide our children, they will ultimately pick their own path in life, but when we correctly show them the love and instructions of God we can have the confidence that they have that as a foundation in their lives.


2 comments:

  1. Inacts13...36itsaysdavidservedgpodinhisgenerationagoodthingtorememberwhenwearefrettingaboutthepastorthefuturejustservegodnowamen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete