Thursday, February 19, 2015

Keep my eyes above the waves

God wants us to be steadfast. Being steadfast means firmly fixed in place; not changing; loyal; faithful; committed; unmovable; unshakeable. That is our goal. When we study and read the bible we can fully understand the meaning and interpretation God intended for us. When we aren't steadfast in God and his word we can be easily persuaded with what other people say.

Psalm 5:10
Create in me a pure heart O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

This is a great scripture to pray and memorize.

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

We are able to put our full trust in the Lord because he is completely trustworthy. Never failing. When we have that complete trust in the Lord and are unwavering in our faith, it gives you peace.

1 Peter 5:10
And the God of all grace who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, steadfast, and firm.

We all go through periods where we suffer, but it teaches us and grows us to respond to these situations with strength in Christ. I saw a quote the other day sometime God doesn't change the circumstance because he wants to change your heart. I am personally going through some things where I know God wants to grow me and work on my heart. We may be learning to be steadfast in God.

Ephesians 4:14
Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.

This verse is saying we won't be infants anymore we will be mature Christians when we learn how to respond to the work of the enemy. Many times the enemy can use other people to deceive us with the misuse of even the bible. I've seen a lot of times of facebook posts people use the bible verses to deceive and misuse scripture out of the way God intended it. It is important that we know this and know our father so that when people try to shake us, we are unshakable in Christ. The stronger you grow as a Christian the more confident you become in Christ and can speak his words or life. I always admire people who are steadfast and confident. I also think of the song Oceans by Hillsong. "Keep my eyes above the waves when oceans roar my soul will rest in your embrace" When the waves of the world are crashing around me, I know you hold me, that I am always in your presence and that with you, you will keep my eyes above the waves.

prayer:
Lord create in me a pure heart, renew your steadfast spirit inside me. Help me to be unshakeable in you. Having complete confidence in your power. Set me apart from this world Lord, so I can be more like you. In your name we pray
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment