Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Stickerless

I've struggled over the years, especially when I was younger with wanting to be liked. Of course, I still want others to like me, but their judgement doesn't affect me as much. I was upset if I didn't get their approval. I would do something so they liked me, and if someone had a problem with my choices I would justify myself. Wanting them to be in agreement with me. Well God taught me different that that.

Galatians 1:10
Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. 

Number One: What others think does NOT matter if your in alignment with God.

Taking time every morning to connect with him is a good way to do that. Making sure you are constantly meshed with him.

Number Two: What others think or say about you is NOT your problem, but theirs.

If your number one is in place (your right with God) then their number two (judgement) does not, should not, affect you. What matters is what God thinks of you. People judge, everyone does it. When you get to a mature place spiritually that judgement has no affect on you because you are in the right place with God.

My favorite book when I was little and still one of my favorites is You Are Special by Max Lucado.
You should read it! Even if you just pop into a book store and take 5 mins to read it ( caution you'll probably wanna buy it). To sum this book up its about a little doll named Punchinello, every doll puts dots or stars on the other dolls based on how they perform. Stars= good. Dots=bad. Punchinello has all dots. One day he meets this doll with no stars or dots. She spends everyday with her maker and he tells her she is special and what the others think don't matter so when people try to give her a sticker they fall off. So Punchinello goes to meet his maker and they talk and the more he spends time with him the more the dots fall off. He learns that the stickers only stick if you let them. Meaning what other people think only matters if you let it bother you. We should all strive to be "stickerless." If someone thinks I'm a great baker, good, if someone thinks I'm silly for writing this blog, cool. What matters is what my maker thinks of me. He thinks I'm special. He thinks your special too. He doesn't look at what Joe Shmoe thinks of you. He loves you.

1 Thessalonians 2:4
On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts.

Number 3: Your job is NOT to control the situation or what others think of you, but to have self-control.

It can be hard when people don't like you, or have something to say about the way you live your life, but our job isn't to control them to think like we do. Gods job is to transform them into his image. When we have self-control were gonna be okay no matter what others do because they do not control us and we do not control them. We have self control over ourselves with the Holy Spirit living in us. They can have their opinions or judgements, but we can say I'mma be me :) Your judgement doesn't control my day, the power of the Holy Spirit and joy of the Lord control my day, sorry boutcha :)
People will try to put labels, stickers whatever you wanna call it on you. Through getting close to God and spending time with him you will learn not to let those stickers stick.

Acts 5:29
But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men."

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work heartily as for the Lord and not for men.

2 Corinthians 5:9
So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.

Romans 12:1-2
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. DO NOT BE CONFORMED TO THE WORLD, BUT BE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWAL OF YOUR MIND, THAT BY TESTING YOU MAY DISCERN WHAT IS THE WILL OF GOOD, WHAT IS GOOD AND ACCEPTABLE AND PERFECT.


prayer: 
God, help us to spend time with you so we can be in alignment with your word. Let us not be affected by the judgement of others, but learn how you see us. Help us to have self-control in situations where people are sticking some not so nice stickers on us. Also I pray that you would heal where we have those marks that others have put on us years ago and we have let them stay, affecting who we are. Cleanse us.
Amen.




3 comments:

  1. Know what I see Kayla?? Someone who has been tested by life experiences and decided to let "their maker" decide who they are and what "sticks". You are full of Jesus right now and he is just overflowing right through you:) keep pressin' in for more! This is amazing grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite post.
    Love, Gma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite post.
    Love, Gma

    ReplyDelete