Tuesday, April 28, 2015

don't run on E G.

A lot of times we pray or come to God when we think we need him really bad. We will start praying when someone close to us is sick or when we really need financial help, but what about the other times? Are you going to God daily and thanking him for your blessings? It is an intentional task that we need to make a part of our everyday lives. Think of it like this, your on a road trip and your gas is getting low, you don't just drive until you run out and then sit in your car hoping someone will bring you gas. You have to make an intentional stop at the gas station and get filled up. That is how it is with Jesus. We can't just go along and then when a problem happens sit there and wish for something good to happen, no you have got to make the move to go to Jesus. Fill yourself up with his fruits love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self control. On our journey we may hit a construction period or an area in our life that needs worked on or God's way of saying detour and having us go a different path. If your always full of gas on a road trip your good to go. In the same way in life on our journey if we are full of Jesus we can feel good to go. We don't need to worry about the construction zones ahead because we know what is inside us will get us through!! I've had times in my life where God has completely changed my path from what I thought it would be, but since I had Jesus it made me knew I wouldn't run empty because He had a purpose and a plan to prosper me. When I found out I was pregnant for the first time I was really young, I was in shock. I had a completely different plan for myself, but God had the RIGHT plan for me. During that time I grew more than I ever had in my life. Looking back it grew me closer to him and I had to rely on him soo much. It was the biggest blessing, it brought me my family I have today and I couldn't be more grateful to God for changing my plan and giving me his own. When you hit a construction area in your life rely on God he is your tank :) with him you can get through it, doesn't mean it will never be bumpy! Trusting God with our life is hard because we don't know why we go through things, only he does. One thing I keep in mind that helps me is saying ya know what God is having me go through this to grow me for a reason, I trust that he has a purpose and plan that will benefit me or someone else in the future if I trust him in this time. Let God fill you up so you can pour out on others his love and grace. Thats what he wants us to do not just believe that he did it, but to do it too!

Numbers 14:21
but indeed, as I live, all the earth will be filled with the glory of the Lord.

prayer:
We come to you today Lord, some of us may be feeling empty....fill us up. Holy Spirit pour out on us. Let us shine a light to others on rough paths so they can learn that with you my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Amen.






1 comment:

  1. Woohooo that's some truth!! And...today we get to celebrate Jocelyn's 3rd birthday:) God's plan was to bring us all His Joy through Jocelyn's birth and life. God knew you would love being a Mom! God knew you and Chris would be great parents...leading the way for your girls to know Him! Amazing Grace!

    ReplyDelete