Tuesday, April 14, 2015

regrets

Everyone has things they wish they could do differently.. We all wish we could have learned our lessons without having to go through the pain and experiences we did. I went through a phase in life where I was making poor decisions. I was listening to what my friends were telling me instead of the voice of God. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I did it anyway because it seemed fun, but in the end it left me feeling full of regret and empty. Although I didn't always participate in these bad decisions I was around it a lot. Just being around people who are making bad choices can put a damper on you, and it definitely did that to me. Those bad decisions we make can affect us the rest of our lives. We didn't understand why our parents told us the things they did but it was because they had a bigger perspective and didn't want us to regret our decisions. The amazing thing about God is his forgiveness. When we have a relationship with him it is present. Our past is completely forgiven.

Philippians 3:12-15
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have take hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 

Jesus calls us to forget what is behind, part of doing that is forgiveness. Jesus calls us to forgive ourselves and others, this is so hard because some things people do to us seem impossible to forgive, but with God all things are possible. Letting go and letting God! Focus on your present situation with God moving forward toward the goal God has for us! No matter our past, we need to release that to God. Giving his access to this area of our lives allows him to work and transform us so that the past is the past and the future is a new person of faith and obedience.

2 Corinthians 7:10
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. 

When people are only sorry they got caught that is worldly sorrow, but when people are sorry and want to change themselves to be more like God that is Godly sorrow. When we see that we messed up and need to change it brings us to Christ. And in Christ it leaves no regrets, but a fresh spirit of hope in the future and joy in the moment.

prayer:
God, let us bring our regrets to you. We know that you forgive us and renew our spirit. I pray that anything that is holding us down from the future you would deal with in Jesus name. Let us be renewed and have hope in our future not letting our past or sins have any hold on us. 
Amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment