Thursday, April 23, 2015

words=power

Our words hold so much power. A speaker Putty said something like you can speak 2 different things when you talk...towards the kingdom of light or toward the kingdom of darkness. Every word you speak has power so choose them wisely. I challenge you today to focus on speaking words of life and uplifting words. Let the negative words in your heard be shut down and don't let them get to your tongue. 

Matthew 12:36-37
"But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgement for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

We are held accountable for everything we say. My goal is to have more words of life than death. Words of death cause pain and hurt for many people. If you struggle with negativity focus first on quitting swearing.

Matthew 5:37
"Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one."

Swearing and making promises we cannot keep is not of God. Instead just focus on saying what you mean and following through with that. If your going to do something say it and mean it! This is how Jesus wants us to live. In James it always says don't swear by heaven or by earth or anything else. Our focus is to be a man or woman of our word! Our words reflect our heart. You can't solve your heart problem by fixing how you talk, but you must ask Holy Spirit to fill you with a new focus of lightness not darkness. As your perspective and attitude changes, so will your speech. 

Proverbs 18:21
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Proverbs 18:6
A fool's lips bring him strife, and his mouth invites a beating.

prayer:
Proverbs 19:14
Lord, may the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight.
Also if I have darkness inside of me causing me to speak words not pleasing to you that you would bring light to my life and fill me with your joy so that the joy in my heart will reflect in the words that come out of my mouth!



No comments:

Post a Comment