Tuesday, April 21, 2015

slave no more

Today I was reading a verse really just hit me, its 

Romans 8:15
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

When we accept Jesus we get freedom in Christ. Jesus did not die on the cross for us to be slaves, but for us to be set free. This verse uses fear, but it can be anything. You can be slave to addiction, fear, anger. When you are a slave to something it has power over you. If you are addicted to cigarettes for example then they have control over you. You cannot go without them, you need them. Jesus says we don't receive spirits that make us slave again to fear or whatever it is when we accept him. You may be dealing with something in your life where you feel a spirit not of God is present. I had a scary situation where my youngest daughter had an allergic reaction to eggs. It was severe enough to scare the crap out of me. For days I was in a panic type mode in fear that she would have another reaction. I know the fear I was experiencing after was not of God. I knew this wasn't how I wanted to feel, but didn't know what to do about it. When we carry these things we feel weighed down. I physically felt tired because it was exhausting. I knew I should trust in God, but what was I gonna do if it happened again. When your a mother you have so much love for your children that when something bad happens to them it breaks your heart. The enemy got to me that day, and many days after. I was full of fear and anxiety that was stealing my joy. After talking to my mom one day I don't know exactly what she said but she said you don't have to have this feeling Kayla. I know you know that this isn't God and he can take that away from you. I was tired of being worried, physically and emotionally. I prayed and said God I lay this fear at your feet. You are the only person who can give me peace. In the bible it says perfect love casts out fear. And I want you to fill me with Your perfect love. I was a slave to fear, but you have freedom for me, and I accept that freedom. After I did that, I was full of joy. That doesn't mean I never had a worry again, but it meant that I had Him to take my worries. Whenever I have an anxious thought in your head just say God I give this to you, I trust you and I trust your plans for me. I want to see others being set free from the enemy. I fully believe you don't have to have these awful things control our lives!!! Thats what Jesus is for, thats what he died for! We need to take that seriously.

prayer:
Jesus we come to you and lay at your feet our issues. When we try to carry these burdens ourselves it is exhausting and a joy stealer. We know that you can take them and replace them with your spirit which is full of Joy and freedom. We praise you.
Amen.


1 comment:

  1. Yes Kayla😃 Way to testify!! As the truth sets us free...we speak it out so others can know the truth and be set free! Jesus died to set us free! Love this❤️

    ReplyDelete