Monday, March 2, 2015

Fear vs Freedom

I think everyone struggles with fear. I don't know anyone who isn't scared of something. I mean take one look at this world and you will see something that would give you a reason to be scared. God doesn't want us to live with fear. We can either stand still by fear or move forward towards God. A lot of times we don't take the next step God wants us to out of fear. Satan usually uses that to drive us away from God. Something will happen to us that says....well maybe not. We need to be lead by the Holy Spirit not by our head. Our head can be full of a fearful way of thinking when the Holy Spirit gives us perspective. I saw a quote one time that says don't follow your heart follow the conviction of the Holy Spirit. I loved that.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

This is basically Jesus saying I got your back.

fear is the manifestation of the satan
freedom is the manifestation of God

If you don't know what that means manifestation- an event, action, or object that clearly shows or embodies something. When we are free in Christ we embody him. When we are trapped in fear we embody the enemy. There is a song that says, "where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom" (Freedom by Bethel) it is actually scripture: (2 Corinthians 3:17-18)

John 8:36
So if the Son has set you free you are free indeed.

Galatians 5:1
It is for the freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Fear is bondage. Bondage is slavery. When you have fear you are a slave to it.  And it is a burden you carry around, but Jesus can break those chains.

Psalm 119:45
I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.

When we seek what God intends for us we will walk in freedom. It is what he wants for us and what we should want for ourselves.

Psalm 118:5
In my anguish I cried out to the Lord and he answered me by setting me free.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

God wants us to be courageous for him and not scared because of what satan pulls. I know this is not easy it is an everyday battle we all face. But we can wake up and ask God to make us strong and courageous for him.

Acts 18:9
One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city."

God spoke to Paul and told him that he needed to speak up for Christ and that he would protect him. Because Paul was not silent others became Christians and established a church and wrote two letter to the believers.
It was a good thing that Paul listened to God and spoke up. It is hard to be bold for God, but you have no idea what God has in store for you if you do. Look at Paul. He went through lots of hardships, but God had a plan. God can take your fears and turn them into living freedom. You never know what the Lord has planned for you if you speak up for him.

prayer: 
Fear is not from you God. Replace the fear of ____ in my life with the ability to be free in you. Protect me from things that place fear in my life, but also help me to identify that satan places this fear in front of me, to keep me from you. Remove that barrier, so you and I can be united.
AMEN!



No comments:

Post a Comment