Thursday, March 19, 2015

I am...

In the book of John Jesus says "I am" seven times and giving us seven different meanings.

John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."

Just like after eating a nice big meal we feel satisfied, Jesus compares that feeling to how he can satisfy us spiritually. We need food physically, and we need Jesus spiritually. Their is no in between with these things. When I am full I am relaxed and my body is pleased. When I am full of the Spirit it brings me so much joy! I feel full of life. I love maxing on some food, but nothing satisfies me more that when I am full of the Holy Spirit! Once you experience this you will agree :)

John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Picture yourself in a dark room, when you flip on that light it brings light to the whole room and makes a lot more visible than before. Jesus does this in our lives when we allow him to shine his light upon our lives. He reveals stuff that we had no clue were even there!!! Just because we have a relationship with Jesus doesn't mean we allow him to shine his light throughout our whole life, sometimes we need to just say Jesus shine light on this ____ area of my life. Reveal to me your will and bring light to the dark areas. Sometimes we think leaving darkness in our lives hides our mistakes, sins, past, but I've learned all it does is give the enemy a foothold. The enemy loves darkness and we don't want that!! Asking God to light up our life and giving him access to our sinful areas takes the bad shines his light right on it. I have had experiences when I was doing wrong things and hiding it. This gave the enemy power over that area of my life. When I surrendered to that sin and gave it to God, he made the rough place smooth. The enemy tries to make it destroy you, but God can actually turn that into good!! "But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good....." (Genesis 50:20)

John 10:11
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for his sheep."

We are his "sheep" and he loves us and looks after us. The fact that he sacrificed his life for us because he loves us that MUCH!!

John 10:9
"I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture."

We cannot enter salvation except through him. He is the door for us to get to heaven. When we enter through that door we have eternal life with Christ and his protection.

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Jesus has the power of life. We can experience eternal life by excepting him as our Savior.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

Jesus is saying that since you have seen him you have seen the Father. Not only is he way, truth, and life. He is the only way! To get to the Father you have to get to Jesus, by doing this you accept him and experience him.

John 15:1
"I am the vine, and my Father is the gardener."

Grapes symbolized Israel's fruitfulness in doing God's works on earth. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.(Matthew 7:18) So if Jesus is vine we wanna be the good fruit of his tree. We want him to be heavenly father so we can bear good fruit!!

prayer:
Jesus you are the I AM! Help us to learn more about you in these seven areas. Especially today let your light come to the dark areas of our life were "hiding from you." Show us how you can take a mess and turn it into a message to bring others your light!
Amen!








No comments:

Post a Comment